Monday, August 5, 2013

Google Chromecast unboxing and first impressions

I received my Google Chromecast today,  far earlier than I had anticipated.  I managed to take some pictures while I unboxed it as well.   My first impression is while not as polished as an iDevice, the box itself is well thought out and designed with everyday users in mind.

My biggest disappointment thus far was the lack of channels.  As of right now, there are only really three channels, Google Play Store (although for some reason they split it into a second channel for music vs movies and television), Youtube and Netflix.  I was probably up and running in under ten minutes.  Luckily my Samsung monitor / TV had a USB port on the back that I could tap to power the device, so no extra cables running to the ground.  Setup is quick and easy with the application taking maybe ten minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.